EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK
Trekking in Everest has long been the number one trekking region in the world, with the Everest Base Camp trek at the top! With multiple mountain ranges above 8000 meters, the Khumbu region is an ultimate stage for all high alpine trekkers! Mountain Tiger Nepal makes this dream come true for all enthusiastic trekkers, who are accomplishing their trekking experience of a lifetime. Have you ever experienced the mind-blowing scenic landing into Lukla Airport? Located at the edge of the mountain, also known as the Tenzing-Hillary Airport, is where one of the best treks in Nepal starts.
What is the route of the Everest Base Camp Trek?
The trekking route of the Everest region in the Himalayas is one of the highest trekking routes in the world! Starting the Everest Base Camp Trek with an amazing landing into Lukla airport, we head towards Phakding and afterward towards Namche Bazaar.
Any trekker has to prepare oneself for high-altitude walking since this is a high-altitude trek route with adventurous trails along the way. At Namche Bazaar we take an acclimatization day, which literally means “climb high, sleep low”. The acclimatization day starts by hiking up the hill towards the airstrip at Syangboche and returning back to Namche Bazaar.
After Namche Bazaar, we head North-East towards the Tengboche monastery. Did you know that we can do high altitude Yoga at Tengboche? Yes, Tengboche is best known for high altitude meditation and Yoga fitness! Afterward, we move higher in the same direction to Dingboche. Moving on towards our destination, we then go through Lobhuche and then towards Gorakshep. Going gradually North and slightly upwards, we reach to Everest Base Camp and return back to Gorakshep for a night stay. Early morning, on the next day, we head towards Kalapathar for the best sunrise view above the Mt. Everest.
On our way back to conclude this amazing trek in Nepal, we make a slight detour at Lobuche. Continuing more to the south-east we head for Pheriche from where we can see some different views of the Everest region. After that, we head back towards Namche Bazaar, next towards Lukla airport and then back to Kathmandu.
What is the cost of the Everest Base Camp Trek?
The price for the Everest Base Camp Trek ranges per person from USD $1,200 all the way to $5,000 for an average trek of 14 days. This price normally includes permits, round trip flights from Kathmandu to Lukla, excellent guide and porter, accommodations and meals. Generally, this price does not include trekking equipment, travel insurance, visa fees.
How difficult is the Everest Base Camp Trek?
The 14 days adventurous Everest base camp trek is one of the best adrenaline-pumping activities in Nepal. When starting your memorable trip to the Everest Base Camp, the first elevation of 2850 m or 9000 feet above sea level seems easy. When you start walking higher at the elevation of 5364 m or 17500 feet, it is more likely for you to slow your walking pace to face the next day of trekking. By doing so, you will get to see a marvelous sunset straight behind the top of the world.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Kathmandu – Lukla – Phakding (2,562 m/8,700 ft): 35 min flight, 8km, 3-4 hrs
- Day 03: Phakding – Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/11,280 ft): 10 km, 5-6 hrs
- Day 04: Namche Bazaar – Rest, acclimatization and exploration day
- Day 05: Namche Bazaar – Tengboche (3,870 m/12,694 ft): 8 km, 5-6 hrs
- Day 06: Tengboche – Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300 ft): 10 km, 5-6 hrs
- Day 07: Dingboche – Rest and acclimatization day
- Day 08: Dingboche – Lobuche (4,940 m/16,207 ft): 7 km, 4-5 hrs
- Day 09: Lobuche – Gorakshep (5,160 m/16,930 ft) – Visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m/17,594 ft), 15 km, 7-8 hrs
- Day 10: Gorakshep – Kalapathar (5545m)- Gorakshep
- Day 11: Trek from Gorakshep to Namche Bazaar
- Day 12: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla 5 about hours
- Day 13: Lukla – Kathmandu (1,300 m/4,264 ft): 35 min flight
- Day 14: Departure
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Our team welcomes you at Tribhuwan Int. Airport and transfers you to your hotel.
- A meet & greet with our trekking team and trek briefing.
- The rest of the day is at leisure and for any info about the area, our team can inform you.
- Overnight at your hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Fly to Lukla (2880m) – Phakding (2743m).
- Early hotel breakfast and check out (about 6 am)
- Transfer to the domestic airport
- Flight by Twin Otter aircraft to Lukla
- On arrival at Lukla, we meet our Sherpas and final trek prep
- Descend down and cross the river at Phakding.
- Dinner and Overnight at Phakding.
Day 03: Phakding (2743m) – Namche Bazaar (3440m)
- Breakfast and departure towards Namche Bazaar.
- Pass through Monjo check-post (gateway to Sagarmatha National Park)
- Continue North towards Namche Bazaar.
- Dinner and Overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 04: Acclimatization Day in Namche Bazaar.
- Morning breakfast
- Hike uphill along the banks of the Dudh Koshi Khola (River) towards the airstrip at Syangboche.
- Return back and rest at Namche Bazaar
- Dinner and Overnight at Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,860m) about 5 hours.
- Breakfast and departure
- Head North with the team towards Kenjoma village.
- Passing through Kenjoma and join the beautiful mani stones trail.
- Continue through the small settlement of Sanasa
- Follow the trail towards Phunki Thanga (3,250 m)
- Finally, reach Tengboche village.
- Dinner and overnight at Tengboche village.
Day 06: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,345 m) about 5 hours.
- Breakfast and departure towards Dibuche.
- Descend through the Rhododendron forests, to Dibuche village.
- Cross the Imja Khola (River) towards Pangboche(3,901 m)
- Continue towards Dingboche village.
- Dinner and overnight at Dingboche.
Day 07: Rest day at Dingboche
- Early morning breakfast.
- Optional hikes for acclimatization:
- Hike up to Chhukung towards Island peak.
- Explore Dingboche valley or hike up to Chhukung Ri.
- After the short hike, return back to Dingboche.
- Dinner and overnight at Dingboche.
Day 08: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,930 m) about 5 hours.
- Early morning breakfast.
- Departure to Dugla village.
- Continue towards Lobuche.
- Dinner and overnight at Lobuche.
Day 09: Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5200m)/ Excursion to Everest Base Camp (5420 m) about 6 hours
- Breakfast and departure towards the Khumbu Glacier
- Continue with small ascends and descends towards Gorakshep
- Check in the teahouse
- After lunch, set off towards Everest Base Camp.
- Return back to the teahouse
- Dinner and overnight at Gorakshep
Day 10: Trek from Gorakshep (5,200 m) to Kalapathar and depart towards Lobuche.
- Early morning trek towards Kalapathar (approx. 3 am)
- Later after 3 – 4 hours of a short walk, reach Kalapathar.
- Observe the sunrise above Mt. Everest.
- Finally, head back South, towards Gorakshep
- Check out and continue towards Lobuche.
- Dinner and overnight at Lobuche
Day 11: Trek from Lobuche to Namche Bazaar
- Early morning breakfast and depart towards Pangboche.
- Continue through the pine forest to Tengboche village.
- Descend to the Dudh Koshi River and continue up to Khyungjuma.
- Finally an easy walk to Namche Bazaar.
- Dinner and overnight at Namche Bazaar
Day 12: Trek from Namche to Lukla 5 about hours
- Early breakfast and check out from Namche Bazaar
- Move on to Monjo.
- Check out from the national part and head towards Phakding.
- Continue and reach Lukla.
- Dinner and overnight at Lukla
Day 13: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (1,350 m) 35 minutes flight
- After finishing the breakfast, our guide organizes the formalities regarding the flight.
- Flyback towards Kathmandu.
- Guide transfers you to your hotel
- The rest of the day in Kathmandu is yours to rest or explore.
Day 14: Departure
- After having breakfast, our team will transfer you to the airport
- Depart from Kathmandu
The Everest Base Camp Trek serves you with the true beauty of nature, unlike the other trekking routes. It is because it covers up by passing through many of the world-famous destinations like Lukla airport or simply Tenzin Hillary airport, crossing through the well-known Namche Bazaar, towards the secluded Tengboche monastery located at the high altitude. Not going that brief, this trek will make your dream come true and Mountain Tiger Nepal is happy to make your dream into your journey.
- Scenic flight to Lukla
- Traditional Sherpa villages and culture.
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Three High Passes (Kongma-La, Cho-La and Renjo-La pass)
- Hillary Museum
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri
- Khumbu Glacier
- Tengboche monastery
- Majestic Kalapathar viewpoint
- World’s highest Everest Base Camp
PUBLISHED BY: Ananya Paudyal