- 27 Days
- 4,580 meters
- Rai, Limbu, Tamang
- 4-7 hours per day
- Teahouse Trek
- March to June & Sep to Dec
Kanchanjunga Trekking is a pristine unspoiled remote trekking trail in the eastern part of Nepal and India, bordered to Sikkim and stretches up to Tibet. Kanchanjunga standing at a staggering height of 8,586m is the third highest mountain of the world. Considered as, one of the most beautiful mountain massifs of the world was opened only in 1988 for trekkers. Kanchanjunga is also known as the queen of the mountains, offers ecological variation zones, from sub-tropical land to hostile wilderness.
Kanchanjunga Trekking bears another significance associated to its title of Kanchanjunga which means” five treasures” of the great snow, which resembles and signifies the five summits that make up the Kanchanjunga. Trekking in Kanchanjunga region is a paradise for the adventure lovers. Here trekkers get an opportunity of a great walking through terraced fields, forests of birch, bamboo and rhododendron. Himalayan bear, barking deer and the lesser panda are among the rich animal and bird life that fill most of part of Kanchanjunga trekking. The breathtaking views of Mt. Kanchanjunga, Makalu with beautiful glaciers offers further excitement to all trekkers along this trekking trail. Besides nature the trekkers also witness culture and lifestyle of Limbu’s and Rai’s all along this trail. These are two dominant ethnic groups in eastern Nepal. Kanchanjunga Trekking is relatively strenuous, since the region is regarded as one of the most remote place of Nepal.
During Kanchanjunga Trekking, one is bound to get an unforgettable experience of difference, that cannot be found somewhere else in the world. Be a part of this invaluable journey to, one of the purest mountains one would see in the whole world with Mountain Tiger Nepal.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264 ft). Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and preparation for trekking. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar (81 m/266 ft). Drive to Basantpur (2200m) via Dharan. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 04: Basantpur to Gupha Pokhari (1876m) 5/6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 05: Gupha Pokhari to Dobhan (1576m) 5/6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 06: Mitlung to Chirwa (1,270 m/4166 ft) 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 07: Chirwa to Sukathum (1,576 m/5,169 ft) 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 08: Sukathum to Amjilosa (2,308 m /7,570 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 09: Amjilosa to Gyabla (2,730 m /8,954 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 10: Gyabla to Ghunsa (3,595 m/11,792 ft) 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 11: Acclimatisation day at Ghunsa. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 12: Ghunsa to Kambachen (4,050 m/13,284 ft) 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 13: Acclimatisation Day at Kambachen. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 14: Kambachen to Lhonak (4,780 m/15,678 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 15: Trek to Pangpema/Kanchenjunga North Base Camp (5,388 m/17,673 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 16: Trek back to Kambachen (4,050 m/13,284 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 17: Kambachen to Ghunsa (3,595 m/11,792 ft) 3-4 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 18: Ghunsa to Sele Le (4,290 m/14,071 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 19: Sele Le to Cheram (3,870 m/12,694 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 20: Cheram to Ramche (4,580 m/15,022 ft) and return back to Cheram, 4-5 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 21: Cheram to Tortong (2,995 m/9,824 ft) 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 22: Tortong to Yamphudin (2,080 m/6,822 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 23: Yamphudin to Yangpang (1,007 m/3,304 ft) 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 24: Yangpang to Thorpu (1,500 m/4,290 ft) 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 25: Thorpu to Birtamod (300 m/ 984 ft) 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Tea House/Lodge
Day 26: Drive from Birtamod to Bhadrapur then Fly to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu
Day 27: Final Departure
- All Airport and hotel transfer.
- Three nights’ accommodation in a star category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Kathmandu city tours including: all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle.
- One highly experienced male guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff.
- Seasonal fruits during the trek.
- Sleeping bag, trekking map and other essential equipments (sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion).
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please avail us with 2 passport size photos required for your permit).
- Speical Permit Fee.
- All forms of Government taxes.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary).
- International airfare.
- Travel insurance.
- Optional tours and activities during free time.
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying USD 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying USD 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.).
- Personal trekking equipments.
- Hot shower during the trek.
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses.
- Entire Tips for trekking staff and drivers (optional).
You May Also Like
Naya Kanga Peak Climbing
Naya Kanga (Ganja La Chuli) (5,844 m) is the marvelous looking peak to the south of Kyanjin Gompa, the destination village of...
Ghalegaun to Poon Hill Trek
The Poon Hill trek in the Annapurna Conservation Area offers spectacular mountain views all along the trail, with close-ups o...
Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Trek
Just to the West of the Annapurna Sanctuary route, one of Nepal’s most visited areas, lies the Annapurna Dhaulagiri Communi...
Lower Mustang Trekking
Lower Mustang Trekking is a very rewarding trekking journey for those who want to experience the hospitality...
Upper Mustang Trekking
Upper Mustang Trekking is one of the spectacular trekking into the Hidden Kingdom of Mustang. Trekking into ...
Annapurna Circuit/Round Trekking
An ideal introductory trek, the Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the most happening trekking experience in N...